LIVERPOOL PASSION GOOD FRIDAY 10th April William Brown Street 12.15 pm and 3pm
In living memory there has never been a large outdoor Passion play in Liverpool city centre and 2020 is going to change that. In Another Place who are known for the award winning Alice Experience and Narnia Experience in St George’s Hall are delighted to be producing a live retelling of the Easter story performed by Liverpool People for Liverpool People on 10th April 2020. Including Dean Sullivan (Jimmy Corkhill from Brookside) playing Pontius Pilate and Bishop Paul Bayes playing Barabbas. This will be a traditional retelling of the Easter Story with live horses, donkeys and pigeons!
This is part of the Wintershall initiative to have a passion play performed across the country, Wintershall have been doing the same production for 9 years in Trafalgar Square.
Could your Church get involved?
The In Another Place team would like to visit churches in February, March to give out a 3 min notice about Liverpool Passion and how members may like to be involved. They are excited to have an opportunity to perform this story which is at the centre of our Christian faith, with the backing of Liverpool City Council in this prime city centre location.
Churches can contact In Another Place directly to arrange a visit by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The involvement they hope from churches is simple
- Come along and bring a friend who doesn’t know, or believe the story
- Get involved – they need stewards, construction team, a prayer ministry team, “crowd” actors and others
- Spread the word on social media, distribute fliers in work/ your local community, talk about it and get people interested
- Join in praying for this to have a big impact
- As a church buy some tickets to bring friends and family who aren’t Christians, we are offering churches 25 tickets for the discounted price of £150
- donate to help cover costs of the production or enable us to offer free tickets to youth groups.
More information can be found at: