Working with Methodist Churches
Circuit Property Manager
The Southport Methodist Circuit seeks to appoint a Circuit Property Manager.
This role will provide professional management and oversight in the areas of property management and compliance across the circuit for churches and manses, with the primary aim of reducing the management and administrative burden on ministers and volunteers.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and suitably experienced person to develop the circuit’s mission in this area.
The successful applicant will be able to work largely without supervision whilst collaborating closely with ministers, leadership team and church members. They will need to be sympathetic with the Christian ethos of the Methodist Church.
- Salary £16,640 – a permanent appointment
- 16 hours a week
- Closing date for applications is 27 th October 2023
- Interviews will be held the week of 13 th November 2023
For further information and for an application pack, please contact Margaret Sadler
by email on email@example.com or telephone: 01704 264775
Leyland Road Methodist Church Southport
FAMILY WORKER PART-TIME
We are seeking a practicing Christian who is passionate about sharing the love of Jesus and your experience the Christian faith with children and young people You must be an active member of the Christian church, excited about growing faith in families and enthusiastic to explore new ways of being Church. We are looking for someone who will demonstrate this in supporting children and their families as they explore coming to know Christ.
You are to assume overall responsibility for the work of the church in relation to children and families.
- Work with our volunteers to develop our current children and families work and explore new initiatives to support families within the church and the wider community
- Manage the children’s work on Sunday and develop a team to deliver this work
- Work with our Toddler group to encourage new and appropriate fresh expressions of the Christian Faith.
- Liaise with the Southport Area School Worker Trust (SASWT ) and have contact with Norwood School and identify how we as a church can help in their curriculum
- Work with the Scripture Union 95 Project and encourage our members to consider becoming “ Faith Guides”
You must have experience of working with children and young people and have experience of leadership in these areas.
This post is subject to an occupational requirement that the holder be a practising Christian under Part 1 of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010. A satisfactory DBS check is required due to the nature of the Job.
Part Time: 16 hours per week worked flexibly in agreement with your line manager
You will not be expected to work on more than five days in a calendar week but will be expected to work on Sundays.
Salary: £10438 annually i.e., £12.55 per hour for 16 Hours a week
The contract is for 3 years (subject to annual review). The reason for the fixed term is that the post is partly funded from limited financial reserves and external grant funding.
Closing date; 31st October
Interview date; 7th November
Start date; Early December to suit successful applicant
The application pack containing full job description, person specification and a profile of the church can be obtained by writing, Leyland Road Methodist Church, Leyland Road, Southport PR99JQ, telephoning 01704 536648 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org